Sounds like what our kids say right? Isn’t that what your inner soul is craving sometimes…just a little “me” time? This means different things to different people. To some it means going to the grocery store alone while to others it means having an hour of what our life use to be like by getting a pedicure or shopping for something other than diapers. Here are some tips to making the most of your “me” time.
1. Make sure you schedule it. “me” time does not just come to you. You have to make it happen. Schedule it and don’t move it unless absolutely necessary.
2. Plan things that make you happy and are truly for you. Things you love to do and are fulfilling to you.
3. Sometimes alone, sometimes not. It’s healthy to spend some time alone every now and then. Don’t be afraid to do it.
4. Girl time. We all need it. Talk about things that have nothing to do with home. Your favorite reality tv shows, book you are reading or dreams, ambitions and goals. Our girls are our biggest cheerleaders.
5. Find a new hobby. Do something that maybe you didn’t do before kids, but in your more mature self you enjoy.
Cheers to “me” time, girl time and new hobbies!